Σάββατο 30 Ιανουαρίου 2021

Poems of Ashraf Aboul-Yazid (Egyptian poet, novelist and journalist )

 


ThePoet Magazine

Ashraf Aboul-Yazid
He is an Egyptian poet, novelist and journalist born in 1963. Is the Editor-in-Chief, THE SILK ROAD LITERATURE SERIES.He worked in Cultural Journalism for 30 years. He authored and translated 35 books. Some of his novels and poetry volumes have been translated into English, Spanish, Turkish, Persian, Korean, Malayalam, Sindhi and German books and anthologies. He was chosen theMan of Culture for the Year, 2012, Tatarstan, Russia. He won Manhae Prize in Literature, 2014, the Republic of Korea. He won theArab Journalism Award in Culture, 2015, UAE. Currently he is the presidentof Asia Journalist Association (since April 2016).

1. I Restore My Spirit with Your Shadow

I clean the dust of death on my scattered body,
With the help of the air
Coming from a window opened every morning in the wall of distance
between us.

I trace the dots left by the rain
On the mirror of my life
To write your name; I love you,
Or to draw your mouth;
an illuminating plate of fruits.

I restore my spirit with your shadow
and turn the lust of death off
in your body.

🍁     🍁

2. Rain

In the heavy rain
No one feels
a lonely drop.

🍁     🍁

3. Steps

I come back to the empty home...
And ring the doorbell
Just to remember
the echo of your steps.

🍁     🍁

4. A Woman

What will you offer
the woman of the sun,
After spoiling your life
In the shadow of
a woman from the winter galaxy?









Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου