Σάββατο 13 Ιανουαρίου 2024

Poems of Safia Slimen

 



A brief presentation of Madam Safia Slimen :

- She is a secondary school teacher (graphical arts, design).
- She is a Tunisian poetess and writer. she started writing since a very young age in both arabic and french.
- During decades, she published several texts (poems, novels, press articles...) in so many tunisian and arab journals and magazines.
- Her texts deal with a wide variety of topics, issues and themes : homeland, human values, life experiences, women issues, modern life challenges, family and social matters, some universal causes ...
- She published her first poetry collection " Soul nostalgia " (in arabic) in 1999.
- She is very active in several cultural and social fields with rich and eminent contributions.
- She received numerous rewards and certificates in Tunisia and many other countries.


Poem : Mother


My mother is similar to the dazzling light
On meadows and green hills
She is the symbol of devotion and wisdom
Of good guidance and kindness
Of virtue and patience
She is my refuge, my abode
My greatest fortune
My idol, my heroine
May God protect her
Keep her, bless her.

Safia Slimen


Poem : Nothing is worth freedom


I can't stand being deprived
From the least atom of my freedom
Free
I want to be free
I was born free
Like the scents of the meadows
I want to be free
Like the eternal streams
Totally free
Like the sea
Like the weather and the air
I hate slavery and its miseries
I don't know walking backwards
But I learned to live and love
without boundaries.
Safia Slimen


Poem : I would like so much


I’d like so much to deny
My past my future
I’d like so much to bury
My best memories
I’d like to stop suffering
to stop thinking
I’d like so much to leave
I’d like so much never to return
I’d like to give up moaning
I’d like to get it over with,
But to get rid
Where to flee?
Where not to flee?
From this cruel world
And worse from my dull days
And from myself...
Before the last sigh
Where to go?
Where not to go?
I don’t know anymore
I don’t see anymore.

Safia Slimen








Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου