Τρίτη 17 Σεπτεμβρίου 2024

Farzaneh Dorri.Poem for National Day of Mexico



 The day in History. By Farzaneh Dorri (Denmark/Iran)


Oh Mexico!
This year, when you celebrate your
momentous event filled with history, culture,
and flavorful delights;
I'm with you in my mind.
When you mark the beginning of independence
against colonialism
with pride and joy;
I'm with you in my mind.

Oh Mexican nation!
This year, when you commemorate
your country's struggle for independence  
and to honor the brave men and women,
who fought for freedom;
I'm with you in my mind.
When you gather in the town square to hear "El Grito de Dolores,"
a historic cry for independence
with fireworks and a festive atmosphere
I'm with you in my mind.
When you dance in costumes, that
pay tribute to Mexico's rich cultural heritage
I'm with you in my heart
I join you in my mind.
When you honor your country's heritage,
and embrace Mexico's rich culture
I'm with you, even far from you.

When the Mexican Heart marks this special day
and share some of the colorful traditions
and makes the celebration unforgettable;
I'm with them in my mind.
When fireworks light up the night sky
in the Mexican towns and cities,
and symbolizes light and freedom
and adds an extra dimension of beauty to the celebrations,
I'm with Mexico in my mind.






Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου