Τρίτη 5 Μαρτίου 2024

Poems by Thanh Thuong /Vietnam

 



Poems by ThanhThuong from Vietnam

Her biography:


Her full name: Nguyen ThanhThuong
A Teacher, and a Poet, too.
Date of birth: May 11, 1968
Living in: Hanoi
There have been many poems printed and published in newspapers and in literary magazines
Vice President of Vietnam Poetry Club



THE SCENT AND COLOR OF MARCH

What do you hear in the scent of March?
When the scent merges with the wind
Red bombax ceiba flower petals are all over the sky
Pinky white clouds covering the grass nearby.

What do you hear in the scent of March?
Virgin white grapefruit petals and nostalgia
That scent permeates every breath
Missing you since a very long time ago

What do you hear in the scent of March?
Purple flowers from the bead trees fall and blend with the grass
My shoes unintentionally led to a small path
Touched my memories and I missed our past days and months.

Oh, the month of March burns forever inside me
I always recall our memories
Oh my love! You used to be in wartime
Now you return to the scent of March again!

Hà Nội, 26th, February, 2024,

A beautiful memory

🌼

ROSES AND CHOCOLATES

Roses and Chocolates Day
As usual, you brought me your gifts
A thousand times better than expected
It’s the beautiful scent of passionate love.

By the lake, full of early morning dews
Holding each other’s hands tight, we were walking together
Looking at some pair of swans
When did they commit to being a couple?

I pointed at something in the distance
You saw that there were the twin towers
They were always stable in spite of the wind
Just like our unshakeable love.

A million roses bloomed, romantic and beautiful
Valentine's day and many other days
It will forever be our burning love
Standing tall like the twin towers eternally!

Valentine’s Day 14th February

🌼

BIRTHDAY PRESENTS

Today is my birthday
Roses and chocolates are your presents
My poem praises our love
Written in loving purple ink just like at school

Your heart is full of love and gratitude
You bring about the shimmering sky and beautiful earth
Passionate, loving, deserted
Writing in haste just like in the military, under the moonlight.

The hesitant purple hue of crape myrtle flowers
Faithfully waiting for my love on the side of the road
Cicadas envy my rosy cheeks
They induce flamboyant flowers in bright red bloom.

Enthralled, I’m beaming
Sweet radiant sun rays looking at me
Oh our poetic love!
My diary, how many pages about you.

Our love is beautiful like a painting
Let the pink wind, white clouds, and the blue sky be our background!

My birthday in May, 2023


(Translated into English by Tran QuynhHoa)







Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου