Κυριακή 6 Νοεμβρίου 2022

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DREAM -POEM BY TAGHRID BOU MERHI ( From Lebanon/Brasil )

 


IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DREAM 


I didn’t want to fall in love with you, how did this happen ? I do not know!!!

 In my dream, I was standing, full of longing, and half way on the road I was evading desire, so I won’t be disappointed or rejected by reality…

I believed Love is more than a phone call, more than you looking beautiful and more than me dreaming of you nightly…

To love was not part of my plans, neither was my dressing up in finery for you…

But, who can stop what ca not be stopped?!

I am supposed to smile in pictures, and send you kisses with the wind, 

And I have no clue about romantic dates
Nor blind jealousy, 

Nor about the waltz dance and the arousing French Perfume…

But I fell in Love, and here is my heart beating wildly, and I don not know what
 
Love means…

I remembered your way of talking, 
your voice with its lazy tone,

And the brown dimple. 

I realized how to lose my balance
and dream of you, 

And long to the sun’s laughter in my veins.

©® Taghrid Bou Merhi
Lebanon/Brasil 








Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου