Κυριακή 28 Αυγούστου 2022

"The Pain" - A poem by Shahid Abbas

 


The Pain

Our tears will never stop
I ask you 
Yes you 

Are you the man who feels the pain of that old man in the street 
Wearing rags
His face speaks of a hard life
Strife, hunger and thirst his companions 
 
Lacking the beauty of innocence of youth 
His eyes are dry now 
He has no more tears now
The crying days have passed 
He readies for home at last 

His body is worn 
His heart broken and torn apart by endless injustice
Another friend daily accompanying him   
 
Oh he used to care 
Oh how he placed total faith in the self described leaders
Failures at every turn 

He exorts
Pay attention!
Believe less without proof 
Words are meaningless without acts

I cannot write about the pain of others 
Only my own
My eyes do not deceive 
I hear the cries of the poor 
See the struggle of injured spirits 
forgotten by governments long disbanded

It's our land 
I implore! 
Do not destroy it
Honor it as
Nature protects her own

This is a test of your behavior
Toward all God's creatures
Great and small.....

©️ Shahid Abbas 2022















Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου