Τετάρτη 17 Αυγούστου 2022

THREE POEMS BY JERNAIL SINGH ANAND FROM INDIA

 


WHERE THE WINDS ARE FREE 

Where winds wish to have a stay, 
And talk to birds until leaves 
Loudly acknowledge their presence,

Where butterflies riot in their trance lost
And serpents donot have to stay indoors
For fear of the curfew outside 

Where the land still to the earth belong
Ploughed for seeds,
Not punctured with JCBs to implant
images of an Insane civilization

Where men in innocence believe
And don't consider
Ignorance a crime,

Where pens flow in bounteous praise
Of the creator
And men and the vegetation stay in love

Where you don't need scriptures to tell
What is hatred and
What constitutes His prayer

O Muse, land me in that gracious company
When alive, and among 
This happy world, in peace  rest.

Dr Jernail S Anand


WHIRLED UP

Jernail S Aanand 

Time makes some rise 
And some fall.
There won't be day until the night gives way.

No other way except to say
While the sun shines  
We make hay 

And when it doesn't shine
It is the hay
That has a field day.

What restricts me 
From a thousand things
Despite feet, I can't play 

I am frozen mass
Caught in the whirl
Where I am, destined to stay.

Dr Jernail S Anand


INCOUNTER

I took with me a sacred lamp 
To light in the temple,
And an incense stick too
And then I started with a few sacred words
To appease the invisible presence behind a deity.

I knew it was a sacred place, 
And every thing that I brought here,
The candle, the lamp, 
The matchstick, the incense
Had to be sacred too.

I bowed my head, and in my mind
Prayed for worldly joys
And lifted my eyes up
Thinking the deity will respond
And bless me,

I felt an invisible hand on my shoulder
I looked back,
There was none, 
Only a voice rose from  nowhere..
"The most sacred thing in this temple 
Is you, your body, your mind".

Am I too sacred? 
"You too are something come straight 
From the divine manufactury.
Branded by God 
Even if your mind is filled with world,
In your  blood flows the Master."

"As you don't bring anything profane
In this sacred place,
Why you scatter so many insanities
And impurities in your mind?
Why are you so insensitive 
To towards yourself?"

"Realise your sacredness, 
Your beauty, your aura, 
And your descent from the Divine
Cast in love, compassion, 
And empathy 
For men, bird and beast."

"O soul! Thou burneth already!
Realise thy truth."

And voice turned silent 
After it was sure
It has ignited my soul l.

Dr Jernail S Anand








Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου