Κυριακή 24 Οκτωβρίου 2021

Poems of Toufiq Zohur - Poet from Bangladesh

 

Toufiq Zohur  - Dhaka, Bangladesh 


Toufiq Zahur - Passionate Love

The touch of the shadow awakens sorcery in the body
Internal tremors flow in the veins of blood
Divine eyes of the heart opens through the meditation of heart
The path of light walks through the alleys of the earth.

Life without you is a stick of incense,
The smoke burns the fragrance of meditation.##

Translate by Suchismita Ghoshal

☀     ☀

Toufiq Zohur - Texture of a Sari

Eyes were fixed on the Tajmahal road
through the veil of noon.
A humble love there in the folds of a sari
I looked from a distance and don't hold her hands.

I decided to give her a rose
And the sari turned into a green tree
The leaves as if were the Mola fish of ancient charyapada
The mighty waves of sea fell on the upper part of the sari
And I was thrilled by the five feet and two inches fire.
I looked upon the sari with the thirst of a sea
And drowned under the shadow of her eyes.

I saw this tree in Sobhanbagh first in the wet sun
Then I saw her fresh in the morning sky
Gradually I saw her peacock shape in turquoise colour.
By pressing the carousel of trust,
I suddenly discovered the fragrance
of mystery with the touch of my lips.
Since then, with the earthy smell I realized
The pigeons in my breath keep flying
In a rain-soaked field
You are my mirror
Where you stand in the texture of a sari.##

☀     ☀

Toufiq Zohur - You and a Cup of Coffee

A cup of coffee in a thirsty soul
and your presence
I decorate the afternoon with elegant colour
Removing the darkness of falsehood
I lit the lamp of love.
Every time I reach you
my sense receive the fragrance of
your loving face
And I forgot the coffee go'nna cold
Again and again, in the same picture
I float the promises of present and future.
Sweetheart, O', Sweetheart,
I want to sit next to you forever
And sip a warm cup of coffee
with the fascination of life.##


Short bio-data :

Toufiq Zohur is renowned poet and essayist of the nineties. Born on 15 December 1973 in Bogra, Bangladesh .He recieved  Bachelor degree in Bengali Literature. The handiwork of creativity is basically from journalism. 'Al-Mahmoud and Others '(2004) Toufiq Zohur's research book which is widely discussed at the time. The book of poems includes 'Thirsnarta Chokher Akuti'(2016), 'Pakhi Bikri Kahini' (2019), 'Ke amake Deke niye jay bare bare' (2020), 'Ei shahore Amar kono Premika nai'(2021), 'Thanda Mangsho O Aguner Chulli' a joint book of poetry with renowned Indian poet Trisna Basak(2021)  'Shabder Onkar,The Magical Echo of Sound, a joint venture with eminent Bangladeshi poet Kushal Bhowmick (2021). Toufiq Zohur has been working as an Editor of  'Uddan' a little magazine  on art, literature and philosophy since 1998. Among the honors and awards noteworthy are --Dainik Bangali's Kantha Writer’s Award(2019) and Poet Jibanananda Das Memory  Award(2020).







Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου