Πέμπτη 6 Μαΐου 2021

"All I Want" Poem by Rezauddin Stalin from Bangladesh

 

"All I Want" Poem by Rezauddin Stalin 

Give me popped paddy and rice.
Give a kite in the festive day.
Give me a playground
and a market place on holiday.

Give me all kind of folk songs
and a platter full with betel leaves.
Give flowers and fruits
and water in thirst.

Give me the path, give me the pier.
Give me the golden fiber of jute.
Give intact Hilsa fish
and values and respects.

Give me granary filled with paddy.
Give a good thesaurus.
Give ink of fountain pen.
Appraise me on good jobs with hand claps.

Give me canals and swamps
and rainbow in the blue sky,
Give me a house with a door
and morning with chirping birds.

Translated by Tuwa Noor


Rezauddin Stalin is a well-known poet in Bangladesh and beyond and is born on 22nd November 1962 in Jessore, Bangladesh.He has done his Bachelor's degree in Economics and MA in Political Science from Dhaka University. He is the former Deputy Director of Nazrul Institute where he was employed for 35 years. Stalin’s poems got translated into most languages in the world and he is also a well-known TV anchor and media personality in Bangladesh. Stalin is the founder and chairman of the Performing Art Center andis also the senior editor of Magic Lonthon - a literary organization.

Rezauddin Stalin’s total number of books are more than 100 now and his Wikipedia link is: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rezauddin_Stalin

 

He has received many awards and some accolades are:

Darjeeling Natto Chokhro Award India (1985), Bangla Academy (2006), MichealModhushudhan Dutta Award (2009), ShobhoShachi Award West Bengal (2011), Torongo of California Award USA(2012), Writers club Award California USA (2012), Badam Cultural Award California USA (2012), City Ananda Alo Award(2015), West Bengal, India, Centre Stage Barashat Award (2018), Journalist Association Award UK (2018) and Silk Road Poet Laureate Award Xi’an China (2020).

His Social Media links are:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rezauddin22stalin

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RezauddinStalin

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rezauddinstalin/









Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου